Thursday, January 04, 2007

my kind of diet

so recently, jeff and i have been using our free membership to tysons sport and health and going a couple of times a week to workout. yesterday was the first day i didn't swim as part of my workout, and instead, followed jeff over to the bike.

never again. i have never felt worse for 24 hours in my life (well, i have, but this is just annoying.) fuck it, i'm just going to stick to what i know and what i do best... the pool. and you know what's worse? watching the calorie counter on the bike go up. it's truly depressing. my heart rate up to 190 for about 12 minutes of a 30 minute workout, and i burn something like 160 calories for the whole damn workout? yuck. swimming probably isn't any better, but at least there's no counter in front of my face.

oh right, but the point of this post... is that to me, a "diet" is simply what i've been doing: keep my current food intake (probably eating healthy about 1/2 the time), but add exercise! i'm not really sure if it's a great idea, but hey, it seems to work for me. i mean, in theory, it should work right? i guess i'd have faster results by completely changing my diet, but why sacrifice eating what i want?

on another note, good work hoos! i always like to see us crush somebody the caliber of gonzaga on national television. actually, i'm not sure the hoos have ever beaten anybody on national tv worth writing home about... maybe kentucky in the maui a couple of years ago... but i don't think, even in football, that there has been a good national tv win. can you remember any?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could you please write me and tell me how you received a free membership to sport and health? My g/f and I are Very interested!

THanks!

- Bfriend@Pobox.com